Thursday, January 3, 2008

The BEST job EVER!

After much deliberation and many years of questioning peers about the attributes of the best job ever, I have decided which job is the BEST. Sadly it is not my job. But I know someone who works in this employment and he gets 8 weeks of vacation and is off every day between 2 - 3pm.

The job is..... Canada Post Mailperson!

Sure they have to work in the rain sometimes - but they get standard issued uniforms complete with rain slickers and matching short outfits for summer. All in navy blue! My favourite!

Sometimes my mailperson has their own mini golf cart type vehicle which they drive on my lawn and leave idle while they deliver their wares. Rarely does a parcel weigh more than a few pounds and my mailperson has wicked muscle tone in the leg.

I am not the first to 'discover' this dream job. A good friend who is currently a teacher in Delta first claimed this to be the best job ever while we were still in university. Why she never pursued this dream is unknown to me. Instead she spends her days with cheeky elementary school kids.

If I could do it all over again, I may have taken a different route.

3 comments:

The Southern Skyes said...

I hear ya sista!! Plus they don't even have to deliver mail to the correct address, either. Seems like we get a new delivery guy every few months and they never seem to get the addresses right! LOL!
Shelley :)

Anonymous said...

I still dream of this job sometimes . . . maybe this will be the year!

Anonymous said...

. . . and they are cheeky!!!