Monday, November 10, 2008

Gymboree, I love you

I must confess to becoming an insane person when it comes to shopping for the Ev.

And really only one store rings my bell these days (an honorable mention to the Gap as I adore their denim jeans & can always find something for the little men). It is Gymboree. And the reason why I love them so much is multi layered.

I don't always like shopping in their stores. The one in Bellingham is a bit scungy and the two close to me in Metrotown & Oakridge aren't really close at all. But I hold my nose and go into the stores to spend my Gymbucks - even though you can't reasonably shop with a stroller in there. I usually find several great deals and even complete sets that I thought were sold out on the website.

But what really gets me hooked is the brilliant marketing strategy. The multiple lines of clothing. The discounts. The random flipping through Cookie magazine a few weeks ago was a jack pot as there was a coupon for 20% your total bill. So I bought 8 items from a line that I had been watching. It was already 60% off. So I got 80% off! Fabulous.

And just recently I went on the website again and got multiple items and had another coupon for 30% off my total bill. I am honestly all a twitter thinking of all the money I have saved and all the great deals. Even with the dollar doing a nose dive I still feel good about these purchases.

I shouldn't be surprised. I was out shopping for Everly 5 days after my c section. That is major surgery. And there I was popping Advils and asking if a certain dress came in a 0 - 3 month size. Crazy. Maybe I need a support group.... but only if they share their coupons....

No comments: