Monday, May 14, 2007

Autumn Jenkinson

I came into work today and was greeted with the news that one of the social workers that I knew from Langley (and lately Abbotsford) was killed in a motorcycle accident in Abbotsford on the weekend.

I didn't know Autumn well, but she was always someone who smiled first, someone who was truely interested in what you had to say and someone who remembered your name. She had a gap toothed smile that could lightup a room and she had a great sense for funky accessories. I also learned today that she was the single parent of a 9 year old girl.

Life can change so quickly, in a moment all can shift in the most tragic way. I don't doubt that Autumn spent her last day in good cheer as that seemed to be the way she led her life. I just can't get over how young she was (30) and the loss is so shocking for her family and co workers. Most of all I think about her daughter, all of a sudden motherless.

So here's to you Autumn, I wish your family and friends the strength that they need to get through this moment. I will miss your smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beautiful.

I found your blog by googling Autumn Jenkinson - something I do when I think of her. You'd be surprised at the stuff that comes up with Autumn's name! Thank-you for your words. Thought I'd pass on a remembrance site on FB:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6433107259

In love,
A kindred sister.