There are so many things that you are told once you have a baby.
But some advice which would be more practical to new parents of boys would be the following:
- you are going to spend a significant amount of time in the ER of your local hospital removing objects from noses, ears, stitches and gross rashes / bites from the outdoors.
- you are going to carry a medical kit with you in your car. With adult tylenol for you to administer as needed.
- the nurses Helpline will be programmed into your phone.
- there are going to be MANY decision points you are going to get to in regards to when to go to the hospital. Grape sized bruise and cut - meh...... maybe requires hospital. But hospital treatment may not warrant hanging out with 2 toddlers for hours to be told to go home & put some ice on it.
- Hot wheels cars do fit into a toddlers mouth - the entire car with mouth closed.
- you will learn to intercede less often - as most times when you do, the squirming child is more likely to engage in more dangerous rolls and turns resulting in an arguably worst injury.
- noses tend to always bleed profusely.
Having narrowly avoided a trip to the ER due to a rock up the nose, I thought that I should pass on this valuable advice.
Be strong you mom of sons!